This chart enables a trader to view the correlation between AUDUSD (monthly average exchange rate) and several economic indicators: key policy rate, real interest rate, inflation and unemployment. The exchange rate is plotted on the left axis ("Currency"), while the indicators are always plotted on the right axis ("Indicator").
There is an option to reverse either left or right axis, which can be particularly useful when looking at inverse relationships.
- Key Policy Rate - official cash rate (OCR), which is the overnight money market interest rate set by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA);
- Real Interest Rate = OCR minus inflation rate (see below)
- Inflation - Consumer Price Index (CPI) annual change, released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) on a quarterly basis;
- Unemployment - national unemployment rate (measured in percentages), released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) on a monthly basis.
- some indicators are subject to later revisions;
- in periods when the latest data is not available, monthly estimates are extrapolated from previous results and data.
Data is reviewed and updated on a daily basis.